Tuesday, July 25, 2006

And anything else you might cook up, O king


Daniel 3:16 from The Message
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered King Nebuchadnezzar, "Your threat means nothing to us. If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if He doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up"

Is that obedience or what? And talk about having faith. Those 3 guys were not going to disobey their God (Exodus 3:20 'You shall have no other gods before me.') at any cost. They were being told that the fire was their fate if they did not bow down to the gold statue and they trusted their God enough to know that He would rescue them, and even if He didn't, they still wouldn't disobey. As I listened to this being preached in church on Sunday, (by Darcy K. a great guy), I couldn't help but think about when God asks me to be obedient. And how I fight him until the bitter end and some how He still chooses to rescue me. And how often I have been thrown in the fire, but there He is, still, right beside me. And how many fires have I walked out of unharmed. Thanks God, You continue to rescue me. Help me to have faith like these 3 guys and obey You at all costs.

Daniel 3:24-36 The Message

"Suddenly King Nebuchadnezzar jumped up in alarm and said
'Didn't we throw three men, bound hand and foot, into the fire?'

'That's right, O king." they said.

'But look!' he said. 'I see four men, walking around freely in
the fire, completely unharmed! And the fourth man looks like a son of the
gods!'...

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego walked out of the
fire."

No comments: