Friday, July 21, 2006

Great Book by Linda Dillow

I started reading this book yesterday called "Calm My Anxious Heart" A Woman's Guide to Finding Contentment. Why is it that as soon as I think I am content with my life, I start realizing how unsatisfied I really am??

Here are some of the 'Prescriptions for Contentment' that one lady (Mary W. Tileston, Daily Strength for Daily Needs) had:

  • Never allow yourself to complain about anything-not even the weather.
  • Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else.
  • Never compare your lot with another's.
  • Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
  • Never dwell on tomorrow-remember that tomorrow is God's, not ours.

Wow, I so, don't live my life like that. But I am going to try to. I really think I would be more content with my circumstances in life, if I wasn't so concerned about what could be or what was.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: