Sunday, September 17, 2006

8 is Great!!!

"I'm 8!! I'm 8!! Did you know today is my birthday?! I am 8 now!!" I think everyone who met Alesha today heard those words! She was so excited.

She got a pair of "Heely's" for her birthday, which she has been asking for for a very long time now. For those who don't know what Heely's are, they are shoes with wheels.



We went to church, then to the Flea Market so Andrew and Julia could each look for a pair of Heely's too. Then I said Alesha could pick anywhere to go for lunch...Guess where she picked?? The Mall Food Court! Very gourmet!

Then we headed to Castle Fun Park. The kids each earned enough tickets playing games to get a little toy and some candy.






When we came home there was a beautiful bouquet of white roses and a helium balloon for Alesha from her dad waiting at our door. We iced the brownies for Alesha's birthday treats for her class tomorrow and had a delicious supper of farmer sausage, corn, noodles and 'fresh' bread.


Then we headed over to the Brechins for a Butterfly DQ Ice Cream cake.
What a fun day!!

Alesha, you have always been a bundle of energy. We nicknamed you Monkey as a toddler because you climbed everything. You are a sweet, sweet girl willing to lend a helping hand to anyone who needs it. You are the peacemaker in our home but you can sure fight the battles you feel are worthy. You are a free spirit with a smile that brightens up any room. Keep trusting Jesus for all you need. I love you more and more every day, Lesh!!


BLAST FROM THE PAST
ALESHA IN HER YOUNGER YEARS

No comments: