Sunday, December 10, 2006

Gingerbread House Making Times 2


Okay this may seem a little strange but we made gingerbread houses twice this year. The first time we had one house that we all worked on and then last night the kids each had their own to do. So, now we have a little village of Gingerbread Houses!!


This second time we had way more (and much better) candy then the kit supplies (did you know, that the houses come pre-assembled now...so much nicer for an impatient mommy, who can't get a house to stick together). Clearly, Julia LOVES icing and I think ate more than she put on her house. It's funny when the kids were really little, I used to limit their candy intake to 2 each while we decorated the houses and usually got really frustrated and now, well, it's just a free for all...and really, I don't think they ate that many at all!?! And we had such a great time...I'm glad I am learning to not sweat the small stuff.

(I will post a picture of the whole village as soon as my batteries are charged enough to take a pic.)

No comments: