Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Little Red Hen (not to be confused with the chickens that got out yesterday)


Well I am loved, there is no question about that...I received this lovely All-In-One Horizontal Deluxe Automatic Breadmaker for Christmas from the Brechins. My old breadmaker broke a while back and I hadn't replaced it yet. I made my first loaf yesterday evening...boring old white bread (which I actually quite enjoy) because it took the basic ingredients that I had on hand but after grocery shopping, I am going to make fancy schmancy breads...look out Martha. And it makes jams...I know, JAMS! How cool is that?!?! Thanks Brechins!

6 comments:

Kori's House said...

That is a great gift!!

I have a bread maker but only use it for making bun dough.
I like that yours makes 'normal' loaves, mine makes the wierd vertical loaf.

Rachel said...

What a generous and practical gift! Your loaf looks delicious. I got an electric knife for Christmas so I could slice up that loaf in a wonderful way :)
I have a bread maker as well but only whip up bread when I am completely out and cannot make it to the store/or if the budget is on over load :)

Jennie said...

Kori, my old one made the crazy vertical loaves too so, I quite like that this one does normal loaves.

Rachel, maybe I will ask for an electric knife for my birthday (not until June though) cuz, that would be very handy.

Fiona said...

So, when can I come over for toast? :) Mmmmmm, I can smell it from here.

Lovella ♥ said...

You know Jennie, Your swanky new dough maker would be great for mixing up a small batch of Portzelky dough. The only problem is that once your friends have tasted these delectable morsels, they will become quite demanding and you will giving your machine a run for its money. Have Fun.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmm! Fresh bread! Expect more visitors!