Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Movies, Movies and More Movies

Okay, only in the past year or so have I started to enjoy movies. It's quite strange, I know. For most of my life, I really didn't think it was worth my time to sit for two whole hours and watch a story unfold on a screen...don't get me wrong, I loved TV, especially sitcoms or reality shows but there was something about having to devote extra time to a full-length movie. (maybe I am a tad bit A.D.D.?!). But I have really started to like a good movie now and again. And well, I've filled up on them the past week. 3! Count them...3~~In the Theater Movies~~. Crazy.

It started last Wednesday with seeing "Charlotte's Web" with the kids. It was very cute. I loved the book as a child and reading it to my own children, so the movie also made me happy.

Then on Friday evening, Jon and I saw "We Are Marshall", which made me cry a fair bit. It was very sad but it has a really great message and was very clean and without tons of profanity. And, how great is it that Matthew McConaughey can look so good even in a 1970's suit. ;)

Then Fiona, Carmen, Lori and I saw "Pursuit of Happyness" with Will Smith and his son Jaden Christopher Syre Smith. Seriously, I could not stop crying in this one. It really hit home for me in lots of ways and touched my heart exactly where I needed. Even when I got home, I was still crying. The girls I was with didn't cry as much so I think it's just because I could relate, so don't let my over emotional review of it stop you from seeing it. It was inspiring and sweet and I really, really enjoyed it!

Oh and most of the previews they showed for the movies coming up in Spring looked great too! Yay...More Movies To See!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I am not a huge movie fan...but am trying to be because my husband dearly loves to watch movies. I'd rather read a good book!

Kori's House said...

It sounds like we have something in common!
I would much prefer flipping channels on the tv, watching reality tv or sitcoms than watch a movie BUT... I did see "Pursuit of Happyness" and really enjoyed it AND made mental note of all the movies coming out that looked really good!!

Fiona said...

Hmmm, you and I became friends about 2 years ago ... then you started liking watching movies ... coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. Now, I'm not trying to take credit (or blame) for your movie enjoyment, but even I can admit that it would be hard to be friends with me and not enjoy watching movies. Hello, my name is Fiona, and I'm addicted to watching movies! Ok, I have a problem. haha I always enjoy going to movies with you, Jennie. Maybe even a good meal at Taco del Mar beforehand! ;)

Jennie said...

Yes, Fion, I do actually think you had something to do with it...And my love for Taco del Mar...you have opened up a whole new world for me! ;) Thanks. :)