On this day, March 9, 1979, 28 years ago, I asked Jesus to be my best friend and live in my heart forever. Of course, as a 7 year old girl, I didn't really have much idea what that meant or how important that decision would be. I would never have remembered that this was the exact date, except that it was written in my childhood Bible. I do remember sitting with my Sunday School teacher, Mrs. Unger, and having her ask me if I wanted Jesus to be with me all the time and to be my 'Heavenly Father'. Being that I was growing up without a father in our home, the thought of this excited me and although there were many times I couldn't understand why my life was as it was, I knew that I had a Father who loved me beyond what I could imagine.
So, today, as I reflect on a God who met me as a little girl, waiting and wanting and hoping, and still meets me exactly where I am at, as a woman, waiting and wanting and hoping, I can't help but be thankful and in awe of such an Amazing Love.
Friday, March 09, 2007
Labels:
'birthdays'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jennie, that's a beautiful post. Happy re-birthday. :) I'm glad God has been so faithful to you and you to him!
This is simply beautiful. It's so wonderful that you distinctly remember your "conversion." I pray the Lord will continue to bless your life.
Your post brought tears to my eyes!
Awesome that the date is written in your Bible, and even more awesome that you can feel that same Love today as you did growing up!!
My Maden name is Unger!
Post a Comment