Well, I'm sure you are all curious about my first day of work, probably more so than you care that it is Roberto Luongo's birthday (Mom, he is the goalie for the Canucks...that's hockey) Anyway, I digress...the first day went very well. I learnt a lot and I hope I can retain at least some of it. The woman who is training me worked there for 14 years so, she knows the ins and outs of it all and is very good at explaining what needs to be done. I can see a few things I would like to change already, like the desk...it is the center for all the files and 'office supplies'...but there isn't just one drawer for the supplies, they are scattered throughout several drawers...that bugs me. I will wait a while before I go changing things around but I am pretty sure that soon all the staples, tape, scissors, pens and highlighters will live happily together in one drawer. Oh, and there are no post-its that I could find. Maybe they have an aversion to post-its and maybe I should ask first, but I need my post-its! I think I will bring a little pack from home. Ok, so, so far an unorganized desk and lack of post-its are the big problems. Pretty good, I think. The guys all seem friendly and I am actually looking forward to the next day of work! I'll keep ya 'posted'! (Ya, I'm punny, alright)
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hopefully that will the be biggest problem yet. :) I tried to point out your building to the kids but we went by it too fast on the freeway. M.
Post-its are a NECESSITY!! Good luck and have fun. :)
I'm so glad that it went well. Maybe you'll be able to take some before & after pictures of the desk! ;)
wooohooo! That's great news! I do not like the first day on the job... could be why I have been at the same job for 15 years!!
Funny about the desk problem, At my work place several of us share one desk on a rotation. Today I spent the last half hour searching for post it's, highlighters, a ruler etc... to make it 'work friendly' I just need my stuff, where I can find it!
Hey Jen,
Why don't you both come for a roast? That would be fun! Then maybe we could go to a movie after!
I hear ya about the unorganized desk. I only work Sat and Mon and so I don't have my own teller wicket. The pen I like is always gone and the stamps are in different places. And things are just generally in disaray! I say bring your own post-its. Glad you're enjoying yourself.
Lori
It must feel pretty good to have that 'first day' out of the way. I'm the same as Kori...the evil I am familiar with is better than the evil I do not know :)
One day I will be brave enough to try a new job!
Those guys are LUCKY to have you there. They'll be psyched and finally realize what they've been missing out on once you get everything organized.
P.S. Looks like your hints about liking roasts has finally worked. ;) I'll call you and we can try to pick a day.
Post a Comment