Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Who's Your Favorite?

In support of our boys, I thought maybe we could share who our Favorite Canucks are. Just leave a comment with your favourite present Canuck and you can say why if you want to.

Okay, I will start...

Roberto Luongo is my favorite Canuck this year. Not only is he an amazing goalie, he is a great sportsman. I love the way he raises his stick in honour of his team and I just found out this last game that he gives his stick away at the end of every game. What a guy! It does frustrate me just a little that he leaves his net so often but I can deal with it. Oh and may I add that we were both born in Montreal! So, way to go, Roberto. Keep it up.

(On a side note, I have such a problem with Canuck fans chanting 'Turco Sucks'...cuz, first of all, he doesn't suck. He is also a great goalie and secondly, it's just not nice. Let's chant "Canucks Rule" instead. I say 'let's' like I will ever make it to a playoff game. Although, I've entered enough contests, you'd think it would pay off.)


Okay, your turn~~



22 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me it's a tie between Linden and Naslund. I think they're both terrific.

Anonymous said...

CANUCKS! SMANUCKS! BONO'S ON AMERICAN IDOL TONIGHT!!! WHOO HOO! Did you mean "chanting" instead of "chatting?" :P Are you hating me right now?

Jennie said...

Sonya, I love Lindena and Naslund too...nothing like the good oldies!

And Fion, have fun watching Bono tonight...thanks for the proof reading, I am the worst at making stupid errors. I think way too fast for my fingers. ;)

Anonymous said...

oh, i forgot to add that i think naslund and linden are my favorite because they're cute!!! :) again, bandwagoner here, people! on the radio this morning they were singing (instead of the M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E, Mickey Mouse theme), "M-I-G-H-T-Y D-U-C-K-S, Anaheim Sucks!" Maybe not nice, but kinda funny.

Rachel said...

Sorry, can't play.
Not a hockey fan!
Can we still be blog friends?!

Jennie said...

Fiona, yes not nice...but kinda funny.

And Rachel, of course, we can still be blog friends!!! I understand not everyone is obsessed like me. ;)

BranCanuck said...

Roberto has been great this year! Go Canucks Go!

Anonymous said...

No question: Trevor Linden! I have adored Linden since the early days and was quite upset when he was traded to the NY Islanders for Bertuzzi! Can you believe that??!! :) At least he's back. I treasure my autographed Linden jersey (old school design - the one with the skate). I have a colleague who says that Linden should stick to kissing babies (I think he's jealous) so I have been VERY happy that Linden has made some key plays in the playoffs INCLUDING what turned out to be the game winning goal in game 7. Did you SEE that??!! Go Canucks!!!

Jennie said...

Karen, I think about you and your jersey every time Linden scores. :)

Hey Brandon, welcome here...and Yes...Go Canucks Go!!! Andrew Says "Bingo Bango Bongo, Bring us the Stanley Cup Luongo!"

Anonymous said...

I may have to compete with Karen, I am a big Linden fan too. A good Alberta farm boy! I also have to admit that I am glad Brent Soepel is back. He does not compete with--or even come near to Linden in terms of character or looks but he played for the Saskatoon Blades at one time. I am just glad he is back-- but he does have pretty bad hair! Maybe I just like him because he played with Saskatoon way back when. Naslund is up there too. I have always thought he was a gentle and sincere guy but also an amazing skilled player. Who are we kidding, that Scandinavian accent and blonde hair are what strike me! There are my two or three cents!

villagegirl said...

I'll go with Linden and Naslund as well. Great players and great people.

Kori's House said...

OK, this is really hard for me... I like the guy in the blue & green shirt with the stick on the front.

Kori's House said...

I just made husband cringe!!!
His vote is... ummm...
Willy Mitchell

insert Kori "WHo's that"

Kori's House said...

Revised Roger vote:
Kevin Bieksa

Jennie said...

Natasha, I didn't know that about Sopel. Cool.

Kori, you are soooo funny...I got a kick out of that!!!

Jill, that makes the most votes for Naslund and Linden so far! :)

Jennie said...

Isn't this fun!!!

Fiona said...

i also like the guy who wears #3 ... (what's his name, jennie?) because #3's the BESTEST number in the world. btw - did they win or lose tonight? i was out for coffee and heard the game on in the background but didn't want to be rude and say, "sssshhh, i'm trying to hear the score." i think i heard it was 3-1 for anaheim at one point, and i know i'm not a huge hockey fan, but i know that's not good.

Jennie said...

Fion, Kevin Bieksa is #3...and see the latest post for the game results...so so sad! I hate even writing it out loud...5-1

onedayatatime said...

Roberto Luongo all the way! He's a good goalie AND he's hot :)

Anonymous said...

Jennie, what is a Canuck?? LOL
Sonja (Jennie's Mom)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm going to have to post up here too. I am going to join the rest in saying that Linden is one of my favorites. He is always able to crank it up an extra notch when it is needed most... 'clutch as many would call it. And my second would be Brendan Morrison. This isn't to say that I don't think that Luongo is great (as I do play goalie myself), but I just like how Morrison is rather quite and steady. Getting the job done without much fanfare. Just plugging away one game at a time consistantly performing game in and game out, without any fuss. The strong silent type kinda.

Jennie said...

Barb, I must agree. :)

Mom, are you sure we are related??

Jon, I like the strong silent type. ;)