Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Few Things From The Past Little While

Here it is in point form and no particular order:

  • My youngest child turned 7 on February the 14th. It's kinda fun having a Valentine's Baby but a little strange having my youngest turn 7.
  • Both Andrew and Alesha have ear infections and nasty coughs and are both rather quite miserable.
  • I am very excited to go to the Canucks Open Practice on Sunday.
  • I have joined a new Life Group with some dear old (known a long time, not in age) friends and some new friends. We have only had a few weeks but God is really teaching and stretching me. He is asking me to do things that I know I wouldn't have the strength to do without Him and He is remaining faithful to me. It's pretty awesome. I am learning, once again, what it means to live in freedom.
  • My house is so messy and disorganized and it's starting to actually bother me. (you gotta know how bad that is then)
  • I have been very, very anti-social the past few weeks. Not sure why. I just haven't felt like going out or having anyone in or doing anything other than hanging out on my couch reading or watching 'Jon and Kate Plus 8 and Corner Gas'. I think I am starting to exit the phase because I am looking forward to some good ole' Girl Time this weekend. And hopefully celebrating Paula's birthday (which sadly was on January 4th, I tell you-Anti-Social)
  • I had a wonderfully great Valentine's Day. The kids were at their dad's so Jon came over for supper and brought my favorite meal--Pizza! (May not be romantic to some people but I LOVED it!) And he brought a lovely bouquet of flowers that I put in the lovely vase he got me for Christmas. And he wrote me, what I like to call, "A Poem That Doesn't Rhyme But Is So Beautiful". We ate pizza, watched the beginning of the Canucks game, Survivor and then the end of the Canucks game. (I won't even mention that they lost! Arghh!) It was the best Valentine's Day a girl could ever dream of!
  • I also saw the U2 3D movie in January, which was quite amazing, I must say. I am not a huge U2 fan (at least not compared to some of my friends;)) but it was really well done.
  • I am in a huge waiting period right now in my life concerning something pretty major and it's driving me crazy!
  • We got a new system in at work and it's got me so busy there. My brain is starting to hurt these days.
  • My downstairs neighbour girl is moving out next week and I am not looking forward to a new person moving in there. (I don't cope well with change)

Well, like I said, a few random things. No pictures. All in a random order. Kinda how I feel these days. A little messed up!

4 comments:

Nancy Skeels said...

Love the random thoughts. Hope your kids start to feel better soon. Can't wait to hear about the "big stuff" when it happens. And, very cool to have a Valentine's baby - what are the chances of that?!?

Keri's Collage... said...

So nice to see a new post! I understand the anti-social part!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya' on the anti-social thing. I was feeling that way myself over the last few weeks. But I think it was partly due to the gloomy weather. I've since done some tanning and then the sun came back, so I'm feeling much more like myself. :)

I can also sympathize with you on the waiting period for major stuff. I've been in waiting mode on a couple of things for months now and I feel like I'm going to explode if the waiting doesn't come to an end very soon. :o

Fiona said...

It was so great to see you yesterday. I've missed you, but understand the anti-social thing. I think most girls can understand. :) I also hear ya on the waiting thing. You've been waiting longer than I have, but I hear ya on it being hard and just wanting it to be over and start to really move on.