Sunday, July 30, 2006

Ohh!! Ahh!! Wow!!



Me, Rachel and Natasha at "Taste of the City"

What a great day! We (Fiona, Brenda, Natasha, Narissa and Rachel) went to the city to meet up with Brenda's friend, Steve. He is housesitting at a very posh apartment downtown. Amazing...31st floor view. We had lunch at the "Taste of the City". It's where there are a bunch of different restaurants all set up in one location and you can go around and taste different foods. It was very yummy. Then we headed down to watch the fireworks. Wow, I really love fireworks. So incredible. While we were waiting to watch them (somewhere in the 3 hours sitting on the grass) Andrew called me and said they were on the beach waiting to watch the fireworks too. It turns out that they were just down the street from us. So, Narissa and I headed out there to find them. It was so great to see them there but still a little strange to know that my children are just down the way enjoying the same activity as me and I couldn't share it with them. They have a whole life that I am not part of. Sometimes, I wonder if I will ever get used to that?! But all in all, it was a very enjoyable day...great friends, great food, great entertainment. Who could ask for more!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Hey Jennie,

Yes, we had a fun time. It was great. Your excitement and joy is contagious and I love you for it. Thanks for being a great friend.

Love Fiona