I woke up at 6:30 this morning (the one morning I could sleep in this week) with all the world's troubles on my mind...okay, not the whole world, just my little part of it. Wondering, doubting, hoping, praying, anxious and concerned. I have been going through these phases of serious doubt as to several different 'right' decisions I have made in the past few months. I say 'right' because everyone around me, that I trust and love, affirms me in them and tells me I am doing the right thing. And I thought God had shown me in lots of different ways that I was going in the right direction. So, then I am lying in bed wondering why I feel so doubtful and weary about these decisions. I decided since I can't sleep I will check my email...here is my Elisabeth Elliot email devotion of the day...God really is looking out for me :)Author: Elisabeth Elliot
Source: A Lamp For My Feet
Scripture: Genesis
3:1 Romans 8:33-34
The Work of the Accuser
One of the names of the enemy is the Accuser. It is his doing, when we have sought God's guidance and been as obedient as we knew how, and then remain in an agony of doubt as to whether God did guide, whether we really did obey. There is no end to the "proofs" the Accuser can present to sow doubt in our minds. "Hath God said?" (Gn 3:1 AV) was the first seed he sowed in the mind of Eve, and he has had a great deal of practice at that kind of planting ever since. It is to be expected that every decision made with the desire to be obedient to God will be attacked. Spread your doubts before the Lord. Pray for correction of any wrong in thinking or doing and for his word of assurance as to the action you must take. If there is nothing else required of you at this moment, leave it at that. Trust God. Put the whole weight of your doubts and cares on Him--that will foil the Accuser.
"It is God who pronounces our acquittal....It is Christ who pleads...our
cause" (Rom 8:33,34 EB).
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
...leave it at that. Trust God!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. That's EXACTLY what I need to do with my plans for my trip. Stop doubting my decisions and just trust God that He was the one who planted this idea in my head and to follow through. He will help me and guide me. All I need to do is trust. Thanks Jennie. That REALLY helped me right now. Love ya, Fion P.S. I couldn't remember my login name, so I had to post this as anonymous. hee hee
Post a Comment