Monday, August 14, 2006

When the mice are away, the cat will play!!


What a crazy weekend! After I dropped the kids off at their dad's on Friday, I went and spend 6 hours at school. Then I went for a nice long quiet (NOT!) walk around Mill Lake watching the planes from the Airshow...I actually quite like the Airshow and the excitement of it all...Then Fiona, Rachel and I tried to go see the early show of
'Step Up' but it was sold out so we bought tickets for the late show and went to Earl's to meet the rest of the girls there. Honestly, when we walked into the theater we raised the average age by quite a bit...it was FULL of teenage girls...but can you blame them?? It was a great movie...lots of great dancing...music...sweet love story...not to mention the very cute actor...

On Saturday, I went back to school...wrote my PowerPoint exam (98%), went for another walk around Mill Lake watching the planes (including Fiona and Brenda's plane taking off during the Airshow enroute to Alberta) (Miss you guys- Fion, how am I going to make it a year without you??!!) and then slept for most of the afternoon.

Sunday's church service was amazing...our worship pastor preached...which is unusual because he hasn't ever preached in our church before but I definitely think he should again...the whole service was incredible. I hadn't been too keen on church in the spring but this summer our services have been amazing and maybe I have changed my attitude a little too. Anyway, worked in the afternoon and then headed up to the Camp with the Brechins to bring their kids up there and celebrate Marni's birthday with the rest of the Brechin clan. It was great fun! Went swimming in the pool, had a bar-b-que, tea. A good time.

Today I spent 8 hours at school, walked Mill Lake again, had supper with Chad and Marni and Carl and watched 'Failure to Launch'. I have a sink full of dishes and a pile of laundry to put away...you would think I could find time to do all that when the kids are not home but somehow, no. Now I am so ready for bed.

And tomorrow is August 15th...the day I have been waiting for for a while now...I am a little anxious and concerned as to what the next steps will be but I am really trusting God that I am walking in His plan. I have had several really great miracles happen this past weekend that have confirmed to me that God is blessing and honoring my choices. Although not easy...I will continue to wear my camouflage...

By the way, did you know that a gecko can live for a month without any food?? Well, it can.

No comments: