Thursday, August 31, 2006

Peace that passes all understanding

Here are some verses God gave me this morning:

John 16:33

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart!! I have overcome the world."

John 14:1

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me."

John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."


Isn't it amazing how the Word of God can bring peace to a troubled soul even when the circumstances around us haven't changed.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Thanks Jennie. These verses really do help me right now. I think I'm working too hard at it and that I need to let God work out the details. If things don't come together in time for me to book my flight in December, then I don't go in December. Simple as that. I really want a feeling of peace and I want to trust, so I think that's what those verses are saying to me. Thanks. Love ya.