Sunday, September 10, 2006

"I Love This Place!!"

I love Homecoming. It's so great to have our whole church body in one place at one time in the open sky, playing games, catching candy, worshiping, praying, laughing, learning, eating, fellowshiping, listening to bands and being challenged for the coming year. They are planning for a 40 day Encounter with Jesus thingy. And I admit at first I was a little skeptical but I have decided to change my attitude and go with it. I am looking forward to what God is going to teach me in the next 40 days that I can take with me on my journey with Him.

Darcy D. sung the U2 song '40' which I did not know until today is based on Psalm 40. I think this made Fiona's Homecoming totally worthwhile! I'm pretty sure she is U2's biggest fan.

Chris did an amazing job acting as Saul in a skit.

Four lovely ladies: Brenda, Carmen, Fiona and Karen eating the delicious Bread Garden lunch provided for us.

Some of the Gang: Berkley, Dan, Brenda, Narissa, Carmen, Julie, Bailey, Gennein, Fiona and Karen

What a great time!!!

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Although I admit I'm crazy about U2, I cannot take the title of "Biggest Fan." I know people who have been fans for WAY longer than I have. I'm just more vocal and "school girlish" about it. :) But yes, that did make it the BEST homecoming EVER!!! Time to watch my U2 DVDs again.

Anonymous said...

I think I could fight Fiona for the biggest U2 fan... :o) Although I also know there are people who are bigger fans for longer than i have been too...