Well, our grounds have been covered with snow and ice for about 5 days now and I have only been off our yard once since then. I did have lunch with the Brechins yesterday which was a wonderful relief from the same old.
It doesn't help that I should be studying for my Payroll exam and when I am studying, I am thinking about the million other things I could be doing and when I am doing the million other things, I am thinking that I should be studying...
But thankfully, the puking has stopped. All Sunday night, ALL 3 kids puked the night through...not fun!! My kids are non-pukers (meaning it's very rare that they actually puke but they caught something...and well...it wasn't pretty) But it has ceased and the weather has settled down a little and they are back in school. And Julia and I are actually going to try to venture out this afternoon and pick up a few groceries (you can only eat so many pieces of toast with jam) and pick up the kids from school. Go, Little Car, Go!!!
But I have learnt some valuable lessons this past snowfall...some practical, like making sure you have enough food and water in your house and warm blankets. And some life lessons, like being content exactly where you are because sometimes you have no choice but to stay there at least until all the snow clears! And after every winter, there is always a spring...right??!!
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
I think it's called Cabin Fever and I have it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment