Well, it happened...I got caught. I have had my driver's license for many a year now and I have admittedly been speeding through them all. And just yesterday, a very power hungry, I-am-in-control policeman stopped me. (sorry if you read my blog Mr. Police Guy but you know it's true!) Anyway, I was just driving along a road I always drive (listening to my cell phone message) and I see this police car flashing behind me. I pull over to let him pass and well, he doesn't. He pulls in behind me, gets out, saunters over and asks me if I knew what the speed limit is there. I coyly say '60?' He firmly says 'No, 50. That's what the little sign says back there." Mind you, it had been 60 a little before that although, I was going faster than the 60 said I should. I, of course, thought being my first time ever being pulled over, he would give me a wink and a warning and send me on my way...NOPE! He hands me a ticket and says if I pay it within 30 days I can reduce it by $25. Wow, thanks Buddy! And you know, I always thought that the adrenaline and hype of getting a speeding ticket would be what it would take to slow me down. I was actually having this thought about 5 minutes after my fateful encounter, when I looked down at the spedometer and I was going 10 kms over the speed limit...some people never learn!
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's awful that he gave you a ticket.. he should have just given you a warning, since it was your first time being caught..I've been pulled over for speeding a few times, and have never left with a ticket. I find that some tears, or a really good sob story work, oh and flirting does too, BUT, look for his wedding ring first! LOL!!!
I felt sick when I read your post today, you should have gotten a break for sure. Then, i read Barb's comment and I laughed, I'm heading over to read her blog.
Oh crap :(
I myself speed quite often and have yet to be caught. I'm sure it's just a matter of time though.
Oh dear, hopefully you will at least slow down in that spot :)
I have been pulled over twice and got a ticket each time... I didn't even get off after telling the dude I had a bad day at work because someone swore at me. Of course I was going close to 80 in a 50 that time :)
I've got a HEAVY foot too. I've gotten off more times than I"ve been nailed. It's all in who you know.
Post a Comment