Way back in July last year, I wrote a post about someone pretty special. I have added a few pictures of him in my blog postings before but never really 'introduced' him yet...well, today is a Very Special Day...it's his birthday so, I figured this would be a great day to let all my blog friends get to know him a little...
I will try not to gush too much but it may be hard not to...
You know, when you are just going through the motions of life and you look up and meet someone that you know is going to forever change your life for the better, that's Jon. He is cautious, a total thinker and very analytical. Which is great for me, because I often do things without thinking and then later look back and wonder why did I do that?? I think we balance each other out quite nicely in the 'thinking things through' department. He has taken a very smart approach with the fact that I have three children and is slowly getting to know them without forcing himself upon them or expecting them to accept him too quickly. He is fun and makes me laugh all the time. But yet has this really great serious side to him. He is an amazing communicator and actually enjoys listening and talking. He does a pretty good job of putting me in my place with just the right amount of love and gentleness. I think the most attractive quality about Jon, is how much he loves Jesus and wants to follow Him. There's nothing like a guy who wants to do the right thing and strives to do it. Oh ya and he drinks tea (silly that I actually care about that but it's a pretty important thing to me).
Jon, I have learnt so much from you through the past year, things I thought were impossible for me to learn. You have allowed me to be myself and discover more about who I am. I am a better person having met you. We have had our share of struggles and trials so far but those have just grown us closer and taught us how to withstand the 'storms of life'...I look forward to more days with you...
Happy Birthday!!
{So, there you go, Kori, now you know more about #21 and I'm sure you will hear about him again. :) }

10 comments:
Hope he has a wonderful birthday- he has a great gal to care for him! Love is Grand....
Happy Birthday Jon!
Does he know you have a blog?!? Does he know he is now part of it :)
Thanks for sharing with us Nosey Nellies out here :)
You two look simply giddy together. So happy for you....both.
What a beautiful tribute to the one you care about :) He is VERY blessed to have you in his life. You are very sweet, and I am so happy for you :)
Happy Birthday, Jon. I'm so glad that Jennie has met someone so trustworthy, honest, loving, caring and special. Welcome to the group.
Happy Birthday Jon!
I'm so happy for you Jennie. :)
Jennie, you look so fantastically happy in all those pictures. I am so happy to meet your Jon and I hope he has a wonderful birthday.'
Thanks for sharing with us. :)
Happy Birthday Jon!!! I trust that Jennie will pass along the greetings if you don't see them yourself.
He sounds like a keeper Jennie!!!
Jennie, that just makes my heart so happy for you!
Happy B-day Jon! You take good care of our Jennie, ya hear?
Post a Comment