On Thursday Julia's kindergarten class put on a Mother's Day Tea. I love those kinds of things. It was so delightful to watch and listen to those little 5 and 6 year olds shower their moms with love songs and poems. As I sat there, all the programs and skits and Teas that I have ever been to for my children flashed before my eyes and I felt a little sad for the days past, knowing that as they grow up things change so much. They aren't as free and open with their affection and love for their moms. Although, Andrew will still hug and kiss me before going into the school in the morning! Gotta love that! I am really trying to enjoy each season of my kids lives and savour them because I am realizing more and more how quickly time flies.
I forgot my camera so I tried to take a picture with my phone. Didn't turn out so great. I couldn't figure out how to zoom...
Julia's teacher (who I absolutely love, by the way) read this beautiful poem and give us each a copy of it and I thought I would share it with all of you moms especially. I googled it to see what I could find out about it and apparently the author has written a book called "A Mother's Heart". I haven't read but I think I would like to.
(Italics were added by me)
1 Corinthians 13 for Mothers
If I keep my house immaculately clean,
And am envied by all for my interior decorating,
But do not show love in my family—
I am just another woman.
If I am always producing lovely things – sewing, art, (scrapbooks);
If I always look attractive, and speak intelligently,
But am not loving to my family-
I am nothing.
If I’m busy in community affairs, teach Sunday School,
And drive in the carpool,
But fail to give adequate love to my family-
I gain nothing.
Love changes diapers, cleans up messes, and ties shoes-
Over and over again.
Love is kind, though tired and frazzled.
Love doesn’t envy another mom-
One whose children are ‘spaced better’,
Or in school so she has time to pursue her own interests.
Love doesn’t try to impress others
With my abilities or knowledge as a mother.
Love doesn’t scream at the kids.
Love doesn’t feel cheated because
I didn’t get to do what I wanted to do today-
Sew, read, soak in a hot tub (blog).
Love doesn’t lose my temper easily.
Love doesn’t assume that my children are being naughty
Just because their noise level is irritating.
Love doesn’t rejoice when other people’s children misbehave
And make mine look good.
Love is genuinely happy when others are honoured by their children.
-Jean Fleming
Happy Mother's Day to all you MOMS!!
1 comment:
That is beautiful! Thank you for sharing that with us.
I hope you had a fabulous Mother's day!
Post a Comment