Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams

Well, the day has come...we have lived in our cute little 2-bedroom country home for just over a year and a half and now we are moving!!! This home as been a haven to us. It has been so great for us to live close to the B's and form a community feeling with them. They have loved me through a lot of really crappy stuff and I am so thankful for them. They have taught me so much about getting through life and carrying on. Who knew, I always have options!?! They feed me many a meal that I would have eaten alone and invited me over to watch a million movies with them. They would talk and listen to me until wee hours of the morning sometimes, laughing, crying, getting angry (righteous anger that is), doing risky, risky ventures with me, helping me find my own way. My life has been blessed beyond what I can only imagine because of what they have been to me and my kids. I am forever thankful to you, Chad and Marni.

When we moved from our 'family home' 3 years ago to a townhouse, it was sad and felt final and symbolized the end of something I wasn't ready to give up yet. The townhouse was dark and dreary and the neighbours fought like crazy in a language I couldn't understand. We only stayed there a year and decided to move from the townhouse to our little house. I knew we were giving up alot of space and stuff for the safety and security and emotional well-being that I felt here. I wondered sometimes if I was crazy, or if those around me thought I was crazy moving my family of four into a 600 square foot 2 bedroom house...I think I may have been...but you know what, it worked. Somehow, with a good attitude and some careful planning, it worked. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't always great or easy but I think we made for ourselves, a lovely little home and grew as a family. We have had to learn to live together in close quarters and figure out how to get along. So, I really, truly feel that God has blessed us here...

AND now he is going to bless us with a 3, count them, 1-2-3 bedroom house. It has 2, count them, 1-2 bathrooms!!! A dishwasher, tons and tons of storage and laminate floor throughout, a big backyard with lots of flowering shrubs. It's in a great neighbourhood (on the other side of the tracks then I had hoped but I will adapt). I am very excited and am looking forward to another new chapter of life.

So, thanks God, for looking out for us even when we couldn't see how You were going to work it out, You always do and You deserve all the glory and honor!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey congrats on your new home! I can't wait to see some photos real soon :)

Lovella ♥ said...

I'm so glad it's all working out and I look forward to some photos as well.

villagegirl said...

I'm so happy for you! It is amazing what God will do if we just let him! I hope this new place will be all you dreamed of. I'm sure the kids will adjust just fine. They are so resiliant.
Yay Jennie!

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting! I couldn't be happier for you. I can't wait to see some pictures too.

Fiona said...

Yes, part of me did think you were a little crazy moving into 600 square foot house, even though it is incredibly cute, but then I saw your friendship with Chad and Marni and KNEW you were in good hands. I've had a lot of fun times with you there, but now it's time for you to have you OWN ROOM!!! I'm SO excited for you. Let me know when the painting party begins. Whoo Hoo! Love ya.

Fiona said...

Sweet countdown, too, btw. ;)

Marni said...

The neigbourhood is just not going to be the same Jennie. I can still leave the light on for you if you want....

Kori's House said...

Villagegirl took the words out of my mouth!!!

May God bless you and your family in your new Home!!