If you know me or have been reading my blog since the beginning, you know that we have an adorable little Shih Tzu named Sushi. She has been a real joy in our family. Unfortunately, I started working more hours in the week and the kids are gone half the time to their dad's and well, poor Sushi doesn't get the attention she deserves. So, after a month or so of some heavy duty praying and thinking, I decided that she needed a new home where she could have the attention and love she deserves. I admit I made a mistake in getting her last summer and wasn't really thinking straight but live and learn, I guess. I placed an ad on the internet and had a few weirdos ask about her but then finally, one reply stuck out as the one. I chatted with them on the phone and they sounded perfect. Jon came with me this evening to meet them and to place Sushi in their home...I know they will love her and have the time and energy to train her to be an even more adorable and sweet dog then she already is...but I am sad!!! Not to mention, the 3 little dog lovers that live in my home. They said their goodbyes this morning with plenty of tears and sadness and I am sure this weekend will bring some more but her new owners have said that we can visit anytime...she will love her new home, I am sure!!
Thursday, June 07, 2007
A Sad, Sad Goodbye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Awww...that's so heartbreaking. I'm glad that the new owners are willing to let you see Sushi though. Perhaps that will make it a little bit easier.
I am so sad for you guys :(
You are a good dog owner to know that Sushi needs more than you can give!
Goodbye, dear Sushi! You were yappy and a little smelly for awhile, but I still loved ya (especially after your nice haircut). Let me know when you go visit her. Maybe I'll come, too. Wouldn't that be fun to be walking around the lake in town and see her? And Jennie, thanks for not letting her go just anywhere and have to fend for herself because, "Surely she would die!" :P
Aww jennie you are such a soft hearted girl. You're smart to give her to someone who will love her and give her lots of attention.
Aww, you poor thing. Hope the kids are OK.
I would have to say it is a bit odd to not hear dog barkign whenever I walk by or in the early hours of the day. And thne I think wow it will be SO much more quieter when you leave too.REally quite sad and heartbreaking. BNut thats on one side of my heart the other side tells me that WOW I cant believe she stuck it out there for a year and lived to tell the day. :D I going to miss ya. You saved me a bunch of times.
Post a Comment