I have been going to the women's Bible study at my church on Wednesday mornings since school started in September and I work most of the other days of the week, except Mondays when I do my running around errands, and the Bible study ended for the Christmas holidays so, today is a 'drop-off the kids at school and come home and organize and clean the house day'. I am not naturally an organized or tidy person, in fact, I would call myself a 'messie'. (My mom can attest to this) I do enjoying staying organized when a good system is in place but I have a hard time finding systems that work well with my 'messie brain'. Anyway, yesterday Andrew and I organized his room and did some rearranging to help him keep it neater. So, today my plan is to work on the girls room, when they aren't home to see all the stuff I am getting rid of. Is that bad? I have been working on simplifying my life, which I was forced to do living in the little house but have decided to continue even now when I have more space. Do I really need all this stuff?? I don't think so. And neither do they. Really, how many stuffies can two little girls own?? So, I am off to the abyss to organize, clean and simplify...if you don't hear from me soon, please send a search party ;)
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm so sorry that I've neglected to visit you lately and you've even posted. Good girl . .that should buy you a present under the tree.
Your decorations are beautiful, I love the little house to match the little house and I'm so proud of you for visiting the other church for your kids. You won't regret that one.
And today . .well, I love destuffing. It's so fun to see room in those nooks and crannies where the clutter used to live.
Enjoy.
I'm with you there too Jennie! If someone could just get me started on a good organization system, I'm sure I could keep it going.
It does feel good to de-junk now and again!
I always clean out my kids rooms when they are gone, they rarely miss (or notice) the stuff I get rid of.
Hope you managed to get through it!
I am with you too Jennie. Many can attest to my messiness. I thought I would somehow magically change after I got married but overall it is still a problem. I would say clutter is my biggest problem. Good for you for simplifying. I am trying to do the same. We went from 2 to 4 in less than a year so I am still trying to get my bearings. You go girl, one stuffed animal at a time.
Well, I did make it and it really didn't take that long and it really wasn't as big a deal as I thought it would be, kinda like most things I dread in life...just gotta get through them...
You go girl! Here's to un-clutter.
I've seen that room. I'm glad you came out alive. ;)
I can also attest to Leana's messiness. Wow. I think Bren and I lost some clothes in those piles on the floor. hee hee Sorry Lea! :)
I'm not claiming to be a clean one either, so I'm right there with y'all!
Post a Comment