Well, if you haven't read the post before this one, you should...because I don't want to have to repeat myself. :)
Julia and I had such a great time. At the beginning, I was a little concerned because the leaders were a tad bit disorganized and a little bit control freakish and my bad attitude didn't help either. So, I ended up giving myself a 'time out' in the bathroom to pray and refocus why I was there. And I text messaged Jon to pray for me too because I wasn't sure how else I was going to survive it...
Once we got settled and started into making some very cool Christmas Crafts, I started to actually enjoy myself. It was fun to watch Julia with her friends and she LOVES making crafts so, she was completely in her element. I just did what I do best, wandered around helping out the three girls who didn't have moms there (I'll get back to that in just a minute) and cleaning up scraps of craft supplies and helping Julia. Once the girls got into bed, the moms sat up doing some crafts of our own for the girls and actually had a good chat. Know how I said, I would probably have nothing in common with any of them, well, it appears that one of the moms is a single mom and another went through quite a nasty divorce but is now remarried to the man of her dreams raising children from both her marriages. (ok, I'm not raising children from both marriages yet, but I hope to some day)... So, believe it or not, and contrary to what I said before the sleepover, it was really good to talk to people not in my normal circle and hear how really 'normal' I actually am...go figure.
Anyway, even though I didn't get much sleep cuz, there were a lot of snorers in the room (I know, Fion, I may have been one of them), and it was very loud every time some one moved on their air mattress, it was a really great time and I'm glad we did it. Julia had so much fun and I think we made some memories to last a lifetime. Which makes it totally worth it, I think.
Ok, back to the girls without moms...what the heck!?!, why would you send your daughter to a Mommy and Me Sleepover with just the Me and no Mommy...how sad!! I felt so bad for those girls. They didn't seem too upset about it. Maybe they are used to not having their mom's involved in their lives, which of course, makes me even sadder. Anyway, I tried to give them a little extra attention but really nothing replaces your own mom!
5 comments:
Oh I'm SO glad you had a good time! And I'm so glad the moms were nice to chat to! Yay!! You just never know which is why I would have been stressing as well. And you survived even the lack of sleep. You rock. :)
Isn't that just the way?!? The things we dread the most are usually the ones that turn out ok or better than ok. I'm so glad you had fun. Julia's lucky to have a mom that wants to be involved and doing all the stuff that little girls love. But, I would also have to say ... I agree with the 'bad time of year for a sleep-over' comment. Good on you for making time anyway.
The unknown can really go either way. I am glad the evening turned out to be a very positive experience for you both!
Yeah, I agree with the bad timing of the sleepover, but I know you would've felt SO bad if you hadn't gone. I'm glad you had fun and that you didn't keep anyone up with your snoring if you were up all night yourself. :P
So glad you had fun. I am sure Julia will have great memories of her time with you. So sad about the girls with no moms there. So nice of you to take them under your wing.
Post a Comment