Well, in about 1.5 hours, I will be leaving to go spend the next 17 hours of my life with a bunch of 6 and 7 year old girls and their moms. Julia and I are going to her Sparks Mommy and Me Sleepover. I have several reasons why I am going to complain about this.
First, why would you plan a Mommy and Me Sleepover so close to Christmas?? It's so busy already. Why not plan it in the end of January or February when life is boring and we are looking for a 'pick-me-up'?!
Second, it's the Midnight Gladness Sale at House of James and I am going to miss it! I LOVE House of James and I LOVE the Midnight Gladness Sale. Last year, Jon won a free CD of his choice. Ok, it was Jon winning and not me, but it's fun to be with the winner, even if you aren't the winner. And who knows, this could have been my year!
Third, we have to sleep on mattresses and sleeping bags on the floor and I don't want to, for no other reason than I-don't-want-to!
Lastly, (maybe) Ok, this may not be a big deal for some people, but it is for me. I don't really like hanging out in groups of people that I don't know. And I don't know any of the moms or the girls from Julia's Sparks. Julia's dad brings her to Sparks on Mondays when they are at his house, so I haven't had the opportunity to get to know the leaders or the moms at all. And I honestly can't see myself having much in common with them. (Wow, I sound stuck up and princessy, don't I?!)
Ok, this really is lastly...I have forgotten what else I was going to complain about...ummmm, well, maybe just that I am tired (I should have had a nap instead of writing this pathetic venting post) and really I would just like to curl up on the couch with Jon and a good movie and veg...
......but alas, here I go...but don't get me wrong, I am very excited to be able to spend some one on one time with Julia but I can just think of a million other ways I'd rather be doing it...(like sleeping in our own beds, for one, ok, I'm done)I'm off to make this evening as special and memorable for Julia as I can!!! I'll let you know how it goes.....
(By the way, she thinks I am Very Excited about it, what's a mom to do??)
Friday, December 14, 2007
What A Way To Spend A Friday Night
Labels:
doing things we don't want to,
Julia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Jennie....I would have to say that I would be in harmony with all your points of complaint.
Ugh....I hope you get a little shut eye. Let us know how it goes.
You are a very good mommy. And I would imagine that most of the other moms feel the same - so maybe you will have that in common at least. :) I have to agree with you on all the points. I don't really thing anyone wants to spend an entire night on the floor with people you don't know. I know I wouldn't! Ugh.
Hope you survived!!
Post a Comment