Friday, August 08, 2008

You Are Doing What?!?!

Well, here it is! My official announcement...I am training to run the 10 km Police Run in September! If you know me, you know that I have poo-pooed running forever. My friends have ran and trained and ran some more. Doing 5 km and 10 km runs all over the place and me, well, no thank you! But the day before the Run for Water, which I volunteered at, Jon and I were talking and I said I kinda wished I was running the Run for Water and not just volunteering...well, he 'ran' (excuse the pun) with that idea and suggested that him and I do the training for a long run. So, the day after Run for Water, Monday June 2, we started. We have ran 3 times a week, following the Sun Run Training. Running a certain amount and then walking and doing that a certain amount of times, for example Run 1 minute, Walk 2 minutes, 8 times, was the first one. And I thought I would die and wouldn't even be able to run 1 minute. Well, just this past Monday, we Ran 10 minutes and Walked 1 minute, 4 times!! I can hardly believe that my body is allowing me to do such stuff. It's pretty cool. I have been asked a few times if I think I have lost any weight...(do I need to?!?) Of course, I do think I need to! And I'm not sure I have. I know that my calves are amazing looking, if I do say so myself! :) At least compared to how they looked before. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about it and although 10 kms still feels like a world away, I know I can do it!! Oh and did I mention that Jon is Mr. Encourager...'Just a little left, keep going, you can do it' Sometimes, I want to tell him to Keep Quiet but most of the time, I really need the encouragement and wouldn't be where I am without it! So, thanks Jon! And thanks to Fiona and Karen and Carmen for being huge inspirations to me! Although I rejected your running requests, I wouldn't have even thought about doing this if you all hadn't.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Good for you! I've been tempted to take up running myself. I always hated it in highschool...I mean REALLY hated it.
Maybe one day....

Anonymous said...

Brave....
:)

liz said...

Good for you Jennie!

Keri's Collage... said...

Yay Jennie! That is very exciting! Just imagine how rewarding it will be to cross that finish line!

Kori's House said...

That's awesome!!!
Sounds like you have the perfect team. Can't wait to see the 10km post... I know you will do it!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'm so proud of you. :)

L&D said...

Well, good on ya! Not my cup of tea, but I'll sure appreciate it vicariously through you.

Kori's House said...

Hello... where are you... have you RUN away??

Keri's Collage... said...

Did you forget about us in blogland :)