In case you haven't heard...I am Engaged!! And pretty excited about it!!! God has blessed me with an amazing guy who loves me, cherishes me, respects me and may I say, adores me!
Here are some details about the proposal...
Earlier in the week Jon told me that we were going on a Surprise Date on Thursday evening. I thought it might be the day he would propose. So, I told Fiona that...well, she decided that the proposal should be a surprise, and started planning with Jon. She called me on Tuesday evening to tell me that 'No the proposal will not happen on Thursday evening but I will totally have fun with the Date he was planning.' Well, I believed her. On Thursday after work, Jon called me and told me to dress warm. He picked me up at 4:30 and we went to pick up Pizza and Coke (my favorite meal). Then we went to Mill Lake to eat. (Sorry no pics of that)
We left town with me having no idea where we were going. We ended up at the Canucks game! And we won!
I walked into the house filled with rose petals, candles, bouquets of roses and romantic music playing. I had no idea! I believed my friend when she told me it wasn't going to happen that evening. And technically it wasn't suppose to because they planned that we would get to my house at 12:01 a.m. on Friday. (We were a bit early. Sorry Fiona)
Anyway, it was amazing and beautiful and he got down on one knee and asked 'Jennie Ida Campbell Falk, will you marry me?' I said YES! I told the kids the next morning. They were expecting it because we have been talking about getting married for a while now. They were pretty excited. Julia asked if my ring was a REAL diamond. She was pretty impressed when I said yes. :)
Our wedding is planned for Saturday, December 6th and so far, all the planning is coming along wonderfully and we are having so much fun getting all the details together...I'll keep you posted...
9 comments:
I think I said Congratulations on Facebook, but I'll say it again -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!
btw -- my brother's engaged too! Steve (my oldest, younger brother) got engaged at the end of July and they're getting married July 31 next year. And I'm going to be a bridesmaid in their wedding!
Hope your wedding plans are going well! :o)
SO exciting! And romantic. I'm so happy for you.
Oh I'm SOOO happy for you!!! How very exciting! And SO romantic. Yeah to Fiona for helping that along!
Hope you have a lifetime of happiness together!
I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you! You are SUCH a sweet person! I wish you nothing but happiness! ;)
Ditto all of the above! Much deserved happiness my friend!
That's great...and I'm glad to finally hear the details!
Congrats you two!!!!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! That was an awesome proposal!
(I came back to check for updates on the wedding planning and discovered that I never commented on this post! I'm so sorry! I remember commenting so not sure what happened!)
Jennie, I am so thrilled for you. . .what a wonderful proposal. . .and Fiona is such a great friend. I had gathered on facebook that you were engaged. . .the part about getting your beautiful ring back. . .
I'm so glad all the plans are going great. . .enjoy every minute if you can.
Oh. . yes, your ring is absolutely gorgeous. . you are very blessed.
you deserve everything good in your life. congratulations and i am SO looking forward to standing up for you. love you.
Post a Comment