Well, I finally have a few moments to do one of my favorite things...blog...why is it that I only seem to take a few moments out of my life to do my favorite things...shouldn't my favorite things take up most of my life? I am going to work on that...I'll let you know how it goes.
I've been having some pretty insightful discoveries the past few days. I feel like God has so much to say to me and I am just starting to learn to hear Him again. I think when life takes a turn we weren't expecting we go through a 'crisis of faith'. I know that's how the past few years have been for me. I have had to rethink everything I have ever believed about God and people. And God isn't this big, high-in-the-sky, you-only-get-one chance, faraway rulemaker that He once was to me. He is real and present and just and so, so trustworthy. And although His plans are not my plans, and His ways are not my ways, He is faithful. I am learning to put aside some of my own judgements and opinions on how people should live their lives and accept that we are all in different places, all learning and growing and listening to God.
When my world fell out from under me almost 3 years ago, Bev P. asked me to write out some truths about my life and about God. I wrote that God's love was way bigger than the pain I was feeling and that His blood had covered it all. I also wrote that God is a God of miracles and I was believing for one...It's funny because those truths are still true (I guess that's the great thing about Truth~~it's always True!) And you know, God didn't give me the miracle I was asking for but He has done so, so many more miracles in my life that I could take all day writing about and some day I will but for today, I will end by saying that I am so looking forward to seeing what God has next for me in my life and how He will use me to further His kingdom and give all the glory to Him. He really is a God of Miracles and Second Chances!
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Random Thoughts
Labels:
Random Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
This is such a beautiful and vulnerable post. As you know, I have only been reading you for a short time so I'm not sure of your past history. I am not familiar with what happened 3 years ago that shook you to your core, but I do agree with you that God is faithful and He is the essence of Hope. I want to encourage you on this newly embarked journey! Way to go! In our relationship with God we are never where we WANT to be, are we? Blessings, hun.
Oh but isn't it amazing how we are all learning something. I have been pricked to rethink some things and God has been faithful to pretty pointedly reminded me that I don't know everything there is to know. Pretty funny. I trust that your journey will be exciting and a wonderful adventure. Only God can orchestrate those plans, right?
It's so good to know that there is Someone out there that has wonderful plans for us. I'm glad you are doing so well and learning from your situation. You are brave and courageous!
Your post was very encouraging!!!
If only we could all learn to tune in to God through both the peaks and the valley's, as hard as that can be, he is there for us and he won't let us down!! Thanks for sharing that with us. I look forward to reading about the exciting things that God is doing for you as you trust him :)
Just so you know, you have now officially hit my top 3 list. There are a few of you who I find myself checking EVERYDAY, numerous times a day. Can't wait to read more!
You have such a wonderful way of putting things Jennie. I'm so happy for where you are at.
2 more days until the Canucks!!
Post a Comment