Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy Birthday John!

I can only imagine that being a step-dad isn't an easy role. You come into a family not sure how you will be treated or accepted but somehow mine has fit right into our family like he was always there. I haven't known him for very long or very well because he married my mom when I was pregnant with Alesha, almost 9 years ago, and we have always lived 3 provinces away from each other. But he has been a great support to me in the past 3 years especially, as we chat on the phone and has never made me feel judged or unapproved of. He is the strong, silent type and knows exactly what to say and when to say it. He is very good at keeping my mom in line (which is hard to do, you know it's true, Mom). He is the only grandpa on my side that my kids have ever known. He has and always will be Papa John to them. I love him like a Dad and truly respect him for the life he has chosen to live. John, you really are the Dad I always hoped for as a child. Thank you for being who you are to me and the kids! We all love and miss you!!

7 comments:

cayman77 said...

Thats awesome you have such a great bond with your step Dad. He looks like a great guy ( Grandpa)!
Is that Stanley hes holding??? LOL

Jennie said...

Yep, that's Flat Stanley alright...pretty cute, eh.

Fiona said...

Yay for Flat Stanley and Yay for John for being a great Step-Dad! Hmmm ... ;)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute! You are truly blessed.

Lovella ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lovella ♥ said...

Sorry that was me that made a spelling mistake. Anyways, hooray for celebrations. I'm so glad that you can enjoy this relationship and I certainly hope that you have a really nice piece of cake in his honour, I think I will. smile.

L&D said...

This is truly beautiful.