Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A True Blog Buddy

Well, today I got a very nice surprise. Barb, who reads my blog and comments often, left a comment that if she knew where I lived, she would show up with a Slushie (knowing that I was PMSing and my love for slushies). So, a few minutes after I read the comment, I see someone pull up on the driveway and go over to our neighbours. I thought she looked familar (from her blog, of course) and sure enough, it was Barb, donning a delicious slushie and some chocolate. She came in for a while and even though the kidlets were around playing, we had a great little visit. Thank you Barb for being bold and coming over. You are welcome anytime.

(By the way, the whole time she was here, I kept thinking, I need to get a picture of us together so I can blog this and then I forgot...oh well, next time)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Weren't you giving up slushies for Lent? :)
Brrrrr....I certainly have not been warm enough yet to even entertaint the thought of enjoying a slush!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! :)

I'm pretty sure that PMS is the exception to any Lent cheating. ;)

Jennie said...

Ok, just to clear this up here...I am giving up Coke and Cappucianos for Lent (sounds silly, I know but it makes sense to me) and I love Coke Slushies so I am refraining from them...but a wonderful fruity flavored Slushie was hand delivered to me so...but I was wondering what kind of moral dilemma I would have had, had Barb brought a Coke Slushie. ;)

Rachel said...

Okay...confession time. I was invited out for lunch a few weeks ago and my hostess went to a great deal of trouble to make a lovely dessert. What to do?! Should I refuse this dessert on the grounds of Lent or just have a wee piece so she didn't feel like she did all that work for nothing?
I had a small piece. I'm sure God understood :)
I have a small stash of goodies piling up in my freezer that will all get eaten in a few weeks. I may be found in a sugar coma.

Jennie said...

Rachel, for the record, if she had brought a Coke slushie...I would have drank it too and enjoyed it!!!

onedayatatime said...

It was so nice visiting with you! Your kids are SO cute! We'll have to do slushies again, on a nice sunny day! Have a blast tonight!

L&D said...

That is just so neat. How cool that blog world and 'real' world collided for a good and worthy cause that is THE SLUSHIE.