Well, now that my blog is private, I feel like I can pour my heart out a little more freely than before. This past week has been crazy emotional for me for lots of reasons. Some are huge, others are small and pale in comparsion to others issues but all have had me reeling and reaching out for Something bigger than myself. Someone to hold on to, Someone to believe in, Someone to trust, Someone to Praise...this song has been playing non-stop, everywhere I go and has been my constant reminder of how I need to praise God even when I don't feel like it or even when I wonder where He is... Praise You in This Storm - Casting Crowns and raised me up again and I will lift my hands for You are who You are no matter where I am and every tear I've cried You hold in your hand You never left my side and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm where does my help come from? and I will lift my hands for You are who You are no matter where I am and every tear I've cried You hold in your hand You never left my side and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm
words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie
Herms
I was sure by now, God,
that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again,
I say amen and
it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands
and praise the God who gives
and takes away.
Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
my strength is almost gone
how can I carry on if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
and takes away
Chorus: And I'll praise you in this storm
I lift my eyes onto the hills
My help comes from the Lord,
the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the maker of heaven and earth
Chorus: And I'll praise you in this storm
Friday, September 14, 2007
Praise You In This Storm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jennie, those are such deep words in that song. Who of us hasn't felt those exact thoughts in our lifetime? I've been thinking of writing a post and these lyrics would fit perfectly.
I'm so glad you are at a place where you can be safe to express your thoughts and feelings, where people care and are willing to listen.
I too sing this song with tears in my eyes....a lump in my thoat. Knowing that our God is with us during our happy sunny moments and our sad dark moments.
I thought when you went "private" that you were going to blog more often. :( Miss you.
I love this song too. It is so true.
Post a Comment