Friday, November 30, 2007

This Is It!

Tomorrow I can officially start Christmas decorating, shopping, listening to Christmas music, celebrating...

I am quite the traditionalist when it comes to it having to be December 1st in order to start the Christmas season. So, tomorrow is the day. I will put up the stockings and decorate the fireplace mantle (which I have one of this year!). And I think I will even put up the tree but wait until the kids get home from their dad's to put the ornaments on (I would never imagine doing it without them, but the stress of getting the tree up could be alleviated just a little if I do it when they aren't home)

Yesterday, was Parent Teacher interviews for Julia and Alesha (with rave reviews and excellent report cards for them both, I must add!) and Julia's teacher showed us her journal entry for that day. She had written 'I decorated my tree. I decorated my house. I just love all my presents.' Her dad and I looked at each other and asked each other if we had put up the tree yet or given her any presents, neither of us had...funny girl. Obviously, she will not be sticking with the December 1st tradition when she moves out on her own.

Anyway, I am glad tomorrow is December 1st and I am glad to be beginning the Christmas season.

5 comments:

Marni said...

You will have lots of fun with it I know. You have waited a long time to have your special things out where you can see them.

Fiona said...

I'm so happy for you to have a mantle this year. You deserve all the fun luxuries your heart desires. Happy decorating!

Nancy Skeels said...

I love your new look ... the picture of the kids is great! Have a great time decorating - don't you find the anticipation of Christmas is so much fun? Enjoy!

L&D said...

I always do my decorating on Dec 1st too! It's 10:30pm and I'm finally sitting here drinking in the splendor of what I've put up for this year. Lovely.

Lovella ♥ said...

I love the aniticipation of your daughter. She so loves it that she can imagine it has already happened. Perhaps with her imaginations she'll be a writer one day.