Monday, December 03, 2007

Here It Is!

Christmas has started to settle in at our house. As mentioned in the earlier post, I started decorating this weekend. I am not much of a house decorater on a normal day and well, Christmas doesn't change that too much. But this year I am actually proud of my fireplace mantle. It is pretty and simple.


And this is what it looked like outside while I was decorating...









And thanks to the Pineapple Express, most of that snow is gone and we are left with mush, slush and puddles. Oh well, I have my little village up that has snow for the whole season, and I don't need to drive in it or shovel it :)

As I was unpacking the Christmas box, I realized that one of the village houses was broken but I found them at the local grocery store for only $1.99 so I went on Saturday and picked out a new one. Jon noticed that this one looks a little like my Little House on the Farm. So, I bought that one in memory of all the great times there!


Can you see the resemblence? Cute, eh!







I almost forgot, I made this lovely wreath as well, which I am also quite proud of...

Please note the touch of pink in the wreath :)

7 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

You did a great job! I love your little village, it's so cute. I especially love the house that looks like your old house! What are the chances? It was meant to be!

Leana said...

Hi Jennie,
Glad to be back. I finally figured out the google thing and thanks for inviting me again. My other invitation expired when I didn´t have internet access. Your house looks great. I can´t relate to the snow though. We just put up our pool because it is 30 degrees outside. Crazy!!

Love Leana

Leana said...

P.S.
I am currently setting up my blog but it isn´t quite ready yet. I will let you know.

Leana said...

okay, third comment sorry. My blog is ready, not that it is totally ready but it is up and running. I think you just press on my name and you will get there. If not let me know.

Rachel said...

You place looks great! I'm with you on the decorating...not really my thing.
The snow was great while it lasted. I hope we get another good dump this winter.

Fiona said...

Your decorations are perfect! I love the shout out to the old farm house. Very cool.

villagegirl said...

I love your decorations. So pretty! And the little bit of pink is just perfect. :)