This year the kids were with their dad on Easter Sunday so we celebrated Easter on Good Friday. We had Brenda and Fiona over for a Easter Egg Hunt and an Easter Dinner...

We also had some paska (Easter Bread) that I made this year for the first time ever. (I used your recipe Lovella, thanks) Growing up in Steinbach, you can imagine I had my share of paska but I never really liked it that much. It was always too dry (Sorry, Mrs. Trish's Mom) but when I had Fiona's mom's paska, I think last Easter or maybe the one before, I loved it...so, this year, because I know how much Fion loves paska and her mom wasn't around this year to make her some, I decided to...
...see how happy she looks! :)
10 comments:
It looks like you had a great Easter celebration!! Your Paska looked awesome! My mom made it again this year. She always bakes it in Peanut Butter tins so it is tall and round. She actually inherited my dad's mom's peanut butter tins as niether of his sisters make it. She thought it was a great inheritance as peanut butter no longer comes in metal tins and juice tins don't work. This year I settled for fruit bread with icing as it was the gluten free alternative! Even if I can't eat it, Easter does not seem the same without Paska, a great Ukrainian (and also Mennonite) tradition!
I love how you still refer to Trish's mom as "Mrs. Trish's Mom". :o)
And I'll just comment here about Ben-Hur too. I totally remember watching that in the band room -- was it with all the grade 7's? I remember being soooooo bored. Probably writing notes to my friends or something.... maybe I should try watching it again. Maybe I've matured a little since then... haha....
super proud .. . .
I had your paska when we were taking care of the kids! It was the best paska I've ever had! mmmmm....
Good on ya' for tackling the paska. I've made it a few times and it sure is alot of work. Yours looks like it turned out perfectly! And yes, Fiona looks very happy. I wonder if she shared her paska with anyone? :)
That looks SOOOOO good! You did an amazing job!
Natasha-I would love to have used peanut butter tins. What a great idea!
Cheri-I think it was grade 7 or maybe it was grade 9, I don't know but I also remember how borrrrring it was. I enjoyed it sooo much more this time. :)
Lovella-I knew you would be :)
Courteney-I am going to assume you have had Grandma Falk's and Grandma Dyck's and I am going to assume that you mean mine was even better than theirs...;)
Sonya-I don't think she shared with anyone! :) I made sure she had a whole loaf of her own.
Theresa-Thanks! It was fun!
It should have been called "GREAT Friday"...looks like you all had a wonderful time!
Good for you for making paska!
What a great mom and friend you are ... chocolate eggs and Paska - what could be better?!?
Ok, I haven't checked blogs for a super long time, so forgive me for not commenting sooner. You are SUCH a GREAT friend for first, having us over for dinner and second, MAKING ME PASKA! You are so awesome. Thank you SO much for thinking of me and making me feel special. Sonya: no, I didn't share with anyone. :P
Post a Comment