Well, since we had already been to the Canucks game and didn't feel like watching them lose again last night, Jon and I went into Langley to eat at the Olive Garden. We rarely go to, what I like to call, 'fancy restaurants'. We are quite happy to eat at home or if we go out it's to Wendy's or let's say, Whitespot...cuz, the Olive Garden line up was out the door (not surprisingly) we both looked at each other and said, 'wanna go somewhere else?' So, we went over to the Whitespot right by there and enjoyed a great chedder, bacon burger with the yummy Triple O sauce. Then we went out to White Rock to walk on the beach, which we've never done together before. It was freezing cold and we didn't last too long but it was fun. We grabbed some Chocolate Brownie Gelatos and ate them in the car.
Sunday, April 06, 2008
Whitespot, White Rock and Ben-Hur
Then we had a lovely drive back from White Rock. Jon suggested a while back that he would like to watch Ben-Hur again since it had been many years since he'd seen it. I remember watching it in Grade 7 at school but I didn't remember a single thing about it. So, we started watching it last night. It's 3 and a half hours long so we knew we would need to watch the rest today. Well, let me tell you, what a great movie!! I am loving it. I didn't want to stop watching it last night.
Here's a quick summary so far:
Judah Ben-Hur lives as a rich Jewish prince and merchant in Jerusalem at the beginning of the 1st century. Together with the new governor, his old friend Messala arrives as commanding officer of the Roman legions. At first they are happy to meet after a long time but their different politic views separate them. During the welcome parade a brick falls down from Judah's house and barely misses the governor. Although Messala knows that they are not guilty he sends Judah to the galleys and throws his mother and sister into prison. But Judah swears to come back and take revenge. (I copied that from the internet but it sounds pretty accurate)
Well, there is one part that totally made me cry (which I don't remember doing when I saw it in Grade 7). Ben-Hur is being dragged along the hot road to his punishment with all the other criminals and they are so thirsty. They came to where Jesus is working and they are denied water. (The horses are getting it instead) And Ben-Hur lays down on the ground and says 'God, help me'. And within seconds Jesus walks up and gives him all the water he can drink. Wow, that is so exactly like the Jesus I know. So often, for so many things, I am crying out to God, help me and Jesus does. With whatever it is I am needing. Peace, patience, love, gentleness, practical everyday stuff...He is right there. Anyway, it totally touched me and I can't wait to watch the rest this afternoon. I was thinking about skipping church and just watching it but Jeff is preaching today and I don't want to miss that...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a beautiful couple :)
Post a Comment