Friday, April 04, 2008

Jon's Birthday Celebration

Well on Wednesday it was Jon's Big 3-0 birthday. We had dinner and 'Death By Chocolate' with some of his family. And because he has been very busy studying for an exam, I had planned for just him and I to celebrate his birthday on Saturday evening. I thought it would be so cool to go to a Canucks game to celebrate, seeing as we both love them. So, I crazily put on my Facebook status that I was looking for tickets for Saturday's game. And well, Kato (Thanks Kato!!) called me up on Thursday morning and said he had tickets for Thursday night's game if we wanted. I knew Jon had to study for his exam (which he is writing as I 'speak') so I wasn't sure if he would want to go that evening but I thought I should ask and let him decide. I text messaged him about it and he said TOTALLY YES!! Who knew that the Canucks would rank higher than studying ;)
We had a gourmet dinner first...

And then headed off to the game.


And unless you live under a rock (or are my mom) you know that this was a very important game for them to win in order to make it to the playoffs...well they lost! It was very sad. But we were there and that was very cool and for some reason I am not as sad as I have been in other years when we lose our chance of going on. I think because I was actually there...I don't go to a lot of games, obviously :)

We were sitting very close to the band "The Flying Vees"


The MEI Chamber Choir sang the Anthem, which I thought was pretty cool

The Boys on their bench

Ahh Luongo, he played a great season.
And now he can go and hang out with his wife and new baby, Gabrilla!


Us, happy to just be there...together!

So, guys, another season is over and I still love you! Our team may have sucked a little this year but there is always next year and I will still continue to love you!! (I write this like I think they are going to read it or something *eyes rolling*)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday! I especially love the 'gourmet' dinner. :)

Barb Stingl said...

You are SUCH an awesome girlfriend!!! It looks like you guys had an amazing night! ;)

Anonymous said...

I must live under a rock ;) (...no idea it was an important game)

I thought I recognized those terrible MEI choir uniforms. That was me singing at the Canucks game seven years ago! (seven?!?! oh my...)

Sounds like it was a fun evening/date night!

Fiona said...

I'm SO glad you got to go. It really is the perfect date for you two. :) Happy birthday to Jon. Welcome to the 30's, my friend. (wish you were here this weekend, Jennie).

Theresa said...

That desert is making me druel!!! So glad you had such a fun night together!

cayman77 said...

What a great weekend 4 the luv birds!